This entry is about what I had for breakfast.

Going on little sleep, I had one of those mornings today where my stomach took control over my rational brain. 

The place where I temp has a convenient cafeteria with a plethora of breakfast substances, all for a small fee. This morning I thought I would treat myself to a bagel, and well, that's exactly what I did. It was probably one of the most unhealthy bagels in all of human history, but boy was it tasty. I tweeted as such, and promptly got a few friends practically begging to know what was on it. 

I tried, I really did try, to fit it all into one tweet, but 140 characters is simply not enough space to give justice to the description. So I'm writing a blog. I'm writing a blog about what I ate for breakfast. Oh dear, what have I come to? Anyway, don't say I didn't warn you.

Like I said, my fatigue-induced brain was being controlled by my stomach, and I had quite the seducing array of topping options. To start I selected the largest, choicest bagel (a sesame seed white one), cut it down the middle, toasted it and buttered both sides. On one half I couldn't decide whether I wanted the raspberry jam or crunchy peanut butter, so naturally I chose both: jam on the left and the pb on the right. Midway through the spreading, I noticed the Nutella. Have you ever mixed peanut butter with Nutella? IT'S AMAZING.

I took two slices of the crispiest bacon I could find and criss-crossed them on the other half. The arrangement provided a nice platform to keep my scrambled eggs in place. I asked if they had any slices of cheese, but unfortunately they said no. To top it off I drizzled a moderate amount of golden syrup, making sure to get a little bit on the bacon as well as the eggs. 

I'm sure a lot of my British friends would certainly grimace at such combinations. I don't know what is wrong with you people, but some of you are so afraid of mixing "sweet" with "savoury" as if it were sacrilege. Seriously, try it! Especially the bacon and syrup – maple syrup if you can get it. It was the most delicious breakfast I've had in a long while, and I will happily endure the odd looks and comments to have it!

In any case, I think perhaps I've had enough calories for one day, don't you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My inner voter turmoil

How to Survive Self-Isolation If You're an Extrovert

How young is too young to talk about gays?